Saturday, February 12, 2011

OMG, Friday was AWESOME!!!

Yesterday started out like every other day since we've gotten home from China.  Tia woke up, fed her breakfast, cleaned her up and got her dressed.  And as usual she was crying and clinging to my legs like there was no tomorrow as I was cleaning up the kitchen.

Then she stopped.  I watched her walk a few steps to the dishwasher and start playing the magnetic farm toy that her Aunt Debbie, Uncle Duane her cousins gave her for her first birthday last Saturday. She started jabbering away and I continued on with cleaning the kitchen.

Then she moved into the living room and started pulling the movies off of the shelf.  Then she walked over to the pantry and realized that she could pull the food out too!  So I had about 50 movies and food scattered all over my living room and kitchen.

Throughout the day I was doing some housework and she was wondering around the house just jabbering away and just having a grand 'ol time.  She was chasing the cats and then the dogs.  She was doing "laps" from the kitchen to the living room, to her bedroom, bathroom and then back to the living room.  Later we walked down to my sister's house so she could play with her cousin Abby (she's 3). 

After we got home I started preparing her dinner.  Like usual she was crying because I had put her down so I could do something.  She would usually cry for about 5-10 minutes and then that would be it.  But not last night.

I am not sure what made her so mad, but she had decided to throw a good 'ol fashion tantrum.  I mean, threw herself on the floor kicking and screaming.  I had never seen her do this before so I was totally surprised. But I just continued on with dinner, after all it wasn't going to make itself as daddy was closing and wouldn't be home until 10 pm.

When dinner was finally ready I picked her up, crying and tantrum instantly stops and I place her in her highcahir.  As I was feeding her her dinner, she was back to her normal self, jabbering away and waving at me.  After we get all cleaned up from dinner and get into our pj's she's just tooling around the house, pulling down more movies and giving the fur-babies a run for the their money - again or maybe it should be still?

As the night wheres on she's starting to get fussy and rubbing her eyes.  I grab her blanket and we rock for a few minutes before I put her down to bed for the night.  While I'm rocking her, I realized what a incredibly awesome day we had.  It was a day that I always dreamed of.

There were several milestones yesterday.  Tia feeling comfortable and safe in her environment to "run around the house" like I hoped and prayed for.  Everyday she's showing such huge improvements with her adjustment to her new life.

But the thing I'm most proud of is me and the fact that her crying and tantrum didn't bother me like they did before.  As she laid on the floor throwing her tantrum, I just talked to her and continued on with I needed to get done without losing it.

For the first time since we've had Tia, I felt like a real mother.  It is an incredible feeling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment