Monday, March 28, 2011

First FULL day at daycare, even though it's Grandma's

In 3 weeks I go back to work after being off since December 31, 2010.  People kept telling me that the time will go by fast and I didn't think it would as I was going to be off for 109 days.  But they were right it is going by fast.  I have mixed emotions about it too.  On one hand I don't want to go back to work as I do enjoy being home with Tia much more than I thought I would (I thought I'd be bored - NOT).  But on the other hand I am looking forward to work,all my friends and bringing in a paycheck. 

So Sam and I decided that it would be best to get Tia adjusted to being at daycare all day.  Since he goes to work later in the morning than I, he would be getting her ready and taking her to Grandma's daycare and as I get off right at 5, I would be the one to pick her up.  So the this week she's going 3 days, next week she'll go 4 days and the week after that she'll go 5 days. 

At first I thought this was to get her adjusted, but now I am thinking it's more for me. I have been with her 24/7 since our Gotcha day (1/10/11).  Don't get me wrong, I've had a few hours here and there, but never ever a entire day alone.  I am feeling a little lost.  Part of me is enjoying it and part of me is bored.  What am I going to do all day?  My house is reasonably cleaned and I don't have enough laundry to start.  I do need to do the checkbook, but am totally dreading that - who doesn't?

I think I'm going to watch the last 4 weeks of Grey's Anatomy, relax and enjoy the day to myself.  And like my mom said, if I miss Tia too much I can go in and pick her up whenever I want.  But for now's she's enjoying playing with the other daycare kids and is building a stronger bond with Grandma everytime they're together and that's improtant too!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment